About the Job:
Individuals interested in joining our team as an asbestos supervisor must place great value on health and safety, possess superior management skills, and be up to date with accredited asbestos supervisory abatement training / or an experienced worker willing to be trained. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED and we prefer applicant to possess a valid driver’s license. Applicants should have experience with the tools, materials, and methods utilized in asbestos removal and abatement. They should also be able to read, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Before employment with OSE individuals must be able to pass a complete medical examination potentially including a full chest x-ray and pulmonary function test and E-Verify requirements. Abatement employees will be required to wear a negative pressure respirator and personal protective equipment during asbestos abatement activities. Additional job requirements include the ability to observe needed and completed repairs, work at heights, climb ladders, reach and lift overhead and horizontally, stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects, and bend, kneel or crouch. A candidate with Lead Abatement Worker accreditation is a plus and/or Confined Space certification will be given priority.
Potential Working Conditions:
- Indoor and outdoor work environments.
- Noise from equipment operation.
- Regular exposure to fumes, dust, asbestos, lead, heavy metals, mold, dirt and oil/grease.
- Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions.
- Working in a cramped or restrictive work space.
- Working with power saws and flying debris.
- Working at heights on ladders, man lifts or scaffolding.
Hourly compensation for this position is negotiable depending on experience.